Monday, December 27, 2010

Slice of Life #32: Winter FUN

Thank you for joining me last week.
I was so glad to see I wasn't the only one -
and read about some unique traditions!

This is the longest I've ever been late.
I would blame Christmas, but the truth is
we've been pretty sick the last few days
and it totally slipped my mind.
Onward and upward, right?

My daughter and one of her MANY snowmen. ;)

When we lived in Texas we loved winter because it was cool enough to finally enjoy the parks and do outdoor things. I have pictures of the girls roller blading and jumping on the trampoline in January wearing short sleeves. When we moved to Idaho, we were introduced to this white stuff called snow. Talk about a whole new experience! We had to totally rethink winter recreation. Now we're so bundled up, we look like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters in our snowsuits as we head out to face the elements!

So this week, let's swap stories about winter fun. Do you ski, sled, go hiking, roller blade, ice skate or surf? Did you used to build snow forts - or pine needle houses? Does winter mean a blanket, hot cocoa and a good book, or does it mean camping? It's all about climate - let's hear what it's like to kick back and let loose in your neck of the woods. :D



3 comments:

  1. Made it, under the deadline, again! LOL

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texas to Idaho must have been a shock! Here in Scotland we had surprise snow in Nov/Dec and I was stuck at home unable to get out to work...cabin fever led to my silly posting about weather-related names. Hope you're all feeling better. Jo

    ReplyDelete