Sunday, November 14, 2010

Slice of Life #26: Happy Heart Attacks

A great big thank you to the warm stories
we received last week - it's touching
to hear those beautiful stories.



Where I live, the youth have this thing they do called "A Heart Attack." When they want to make someone feel loved or appreciated, they tape paper hearts all over someones door and leave a note of gratitude. It's a fun thing, and usually they don't tell the receiver about it.

That got me thinking about the times someone has expressed gratitude for me. If we're raised right, we're taught to say thank you or show our gratitude in some way. But just as important is the gift of knowing how to say, "You're Welcome." I know everyone comes from different religious backgrounds, but I have to think back to the moment that the 1 leper came back to thank the Lord. Not only was there a lesson in taking a moment to show thanks, but Christ showed us exactly how we are to accept the gratitude graciously.

With that in mind, this week's prompt is for you to write about a time someone said thank you to you. Did it surprise you? Did you handle it well? Did you feel worthy of the thanks offered? What did you do that prompted the thanks in the first place?

Perhaps you have someone in your ancestry that received gratitude from the community. Or recognition for service in the military. Maybe you have memories about how they felt about that, but even if you don't, it's good to record that there was gratitude expressed on their behalf.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing Slice of Life. I'm really enjoying your prompts. I think I got the link right this week. Sorry, I keep messing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't worry about the links! I just tell people so that they know to go back and check it out if they missed it before. :)

    And I'm glad you're enjoying the prompts!

    ReplyDelete